Article provided by: Big America Air Conditioning Services
Air conditioners are reliable and easy to install. Different types of ACs also require different skills. A window air conditioner will have a completely different installation process from the wall unit AC. The window AC is easy to install when you consider the following basics and procedures.
Preparing for AC installation
AC units have various sizes. These sizes facilitate the different cooling effects according to the square footage. Small rooms will not require that you purchase big AC units, whereas bigger rooms need the opposite. Other factors that determine the efficiency of air circulation in a place include the number of people in the space and the size of the doorway.
The window’s style
Window ACs will vary in form according to the design of the window. The typical one will fit in double-hung windows while others have the perfect design for casement windows. Ensure that the contractor does not pick a style that will block egress in case of a fire.
AC units have an energy efficiency rating. The EER varies from 8 to approximately 11.5 or higher. Ensure that you pick an AC unit that will have the precise temperature control, fan speed, power conservation, and sleep setting.
- Big America Air Conditioning Service will ensure that your window AC gets the right installation service no matter its weight. The last thing you want is a unit that falls out the window. Installation of these units is usually more natural when you do it against a double-hung window.
- Air conditioner units have brackets and kits that extensions help with mounting and securing the unit. Our staff will test the fitting of all units before drilling holes into your window.
- The real installation will include raising the bottom pane and placing the unit on the sill. The bracket will fit AC units that are bigger than the window space by attaching to the underside of the unit. We will then slide the extensions into the window space, before adjusting the alignment according to the manufacturer’s manual.
- We will ensure that the AC unit has proper avenues for draining condensation according to the instructor manual. Other units do not require this deliberate tilt.
- The unit will stay on lock by securing the brackets of the lower windowpane and the extensions of the jamb. You can alternate the professional seal with plywood board to maintain the same intensity of strength.
- A good conditioner will consume power according to the delegated power supply measurements on the cable. Big America Air Conditioning Service understands both the plumbing and electrical aspects of AC functionality. We will use appliances that do not drain your power while maintaining a high level of performance.
No matter how good the brand is, you will have a significant loss of performance with a faulty installation. A leaking system will drain the unit of the necessary refrigerant fluids. Contact our air conditioning installation in North Miami to retain the promises of a sound AC system.
View Larger Map